ML Acquired by ShoreView Industries??

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TomDac said:
I sent Devin Zell @ ML an email this morning regarding this.. Hopefully he'll respond and clarify things.

Hey Tom,
Any word from Devin? Looks like Joey_V got the scoop before you...

Kruppy said:
Hey Tom,
Any word from Devin? Looks like Joey_V got the scoop before you...
I have not heard anything back from Devin yet..

Thanks Joey for posting that response.. Looks very promising.

Love that yacht photo! friggin' HYSTERICAL!

Joey_V said:
I got an email back from Logan...

---
Dear Joey,

Thank you for your interest in the continued excellence of MartinLogan. While
it is true that the company has been sold, this will in no way negatively impact
the quality of product and service our valued customers have come to expect and
rely on. In fact, our new ownership is providing MartinLogan with additional
resources to grow to the next level and reach our full potential.

Be reassured that the MartinLogan team is still here and is still committed to
providing the highest quality sound systems and service support.

Thank you for your loyalty and happy listening!
Amy Saker
---

Soooo.... looks like it will still be good times for Logan owners!! :)

i hate to be cynical, but what else would they say?

realy are they going to tell you ," We regret to tell you that ML has been aquired by a big greedy conglomerate , that plans on disecting the company into a mass market money chain of internet sales and discount stores. Any of you who have had great service in the past are now SOL , those of you who may need parts in the future will be SOL . Thank you and we look forward to laughing at you in the future Gayle"

come on that is the standard cliche statement that was given to them by thier new parents !! only time will tell. I never seen a company that is as good as it was after a conglomerate buyout,

kach22i said:
:rolleyes:

Did you set up this page yourself SugarMedia?

Talent, the boys got talent. :D

Kach22i- I think it's a real site.

SugarMedia said:
Kach22i- I think it's a real site.
I did not like the "terms" section, so I did not sign up.

I had something smart-arse to say, but kept it in check.:)

I can see it now, "Hay every one lets go down to the audio shop they have the new Logan’s in, the Statement E=Mc2's." There 12 feet tall 6 feet wide, splits its own atom's and come's with it's own matching espresso machine.

A company never as good, after a corperate buy-out...

C.A.P said:
come on that is the standard cliche statement that was given to them by thier new parents !! only time will tell. I never seen a company that is as good as it was after a conglomerate buyout,
C.A.P.,

My hope is, we never have to start qualifying our ML's by saying, "Yeah, My Martin Logan's are better, as I acquired them before '2005', you know -before the corperate buy-out..."

The letter sent to Joey, by Amy Saker, seems like the "new company's" line... Unfortunately and sadly, the letter strikes me as a corperate form letter... :(

I agree with you, C.A.P., "Only time will tell".
IMHO, I think Dan correct also i. e., "We are going to have to just wait and see." See if the quality at ML - progresses, is maintained, or starts slipping away... We are going to have to be very vigilant of ML... :eek:

Thank you, Joey for posting the letter they sent you... :eek:

Cheers

-Robin

Official word from ML regarding Shoreview

Hi everyone,

Here's the response I got from Martin Logan corporate regarding Shoreview.

I think we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief.

:)

Dear ML Enthusiast,

Thanks to all of you for participating in this community forum of passionate audiophiles. Your pursuit of high performance audio fuels the MartinLogan team to build the coolest speakers in the world!

I wanted to take this opportunity to comment on the recent investment in MartinLogan by ShoreView Industries. Some of you know that I have been a MartinLogan owner for over 20 years and share your enthusiasm for the qualities that make ML products special. I can assure all of you that the team that created the current and upcoming ML products (that you know and love) continues to manage the MartinLogan operations today. The MartinLogan team is dedicated to the same values that have been at the core of our culture since inception. Today, MartinLogan is a growing company with a top-notch team, superior design and technology and smart customers who want the best speakers on the planet.

ShoreView is a financial firm that makes investments in entrepreneurial, well-run private companies. Like you, ShoreView recognizes MartinLogan’s commitment to quality performance audio products. We initiated a transaction with ShoreView because we wanted to have a strong financial partner to support our substantial investment in new products and continued growth. ShoreView is a passive investor that is not from the loudspeaker or audio business and is not involved in the day to day operations. For MartinLogan, ShoreView is the perfect partner to support the direction that our team has charted and to provide us with the resources we need to make our dreams your reality.

So committed am I to the future of the MartinLogan, that my family has relocated to Lawrence, Kansas from our California home of 16 years. In short, the team that has been leading MartinLogan over the past 3 years is the team that will continue to lead MartinLogan into the future.

Thank you for your loyal support.

Cheers and Happy Holidays,

Rafael Nevares
President

Last edited:
SugarMedia said:
Kruppy, evidently, with the new takeover Shoreview has created a ML Club of their own. Tom, I'm afraid there has been a hostile take over of your Presidency.

http://shoreviewmartinloganclub.blogspot.com/http://shoreviewmartinloganclub.blogspot.com/
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to all of these posts.. I was aboard the SS Shoreview getting wined and dined by Mr. Sanders and Co. :D YEAH! How cool would THAT be?!

Anyway, looks like a win-win situation for ML. More capital to finance more development means a better product line.

Now c'mon guys!! Stop worrying & lets get back to listening to our ML's.

DanR said:
Is this really some kind of suprise to you guys......I've seen this coming for some time now. The "cheapening" of the entire line, selling at best buy stores of all places. I know some of you put Mr Sanders on such a high pedistal, well I don't, so maybe Mr Sanders can post a reply here as to this developement. My guess is he won't because its a lot easier to take the money and run.....it seems to be the American way! So go ahead and flame away folks as I will not be back on this site again.

Dan

DanR, Good news from Tom... come back. We know you're watching.

Dan can continue to absent himself from this forum as he will not be missed. Great post. :rolleyes:

ML President Ralael Nevares...

TomDac said:
Sorry it took so long for me to respond to all of these posts.. I was aboard the SS Shoreview getting wined and dined by Mr. Sanders and Co. :D YEAH! How cool would THAT be?!

Anyway, looks like a win-win situation for ML. More capital to finance more development means a better product line.
Tom,

Thank you for posting the letter from ML pres., it sound like he is sincere... He does seem to have our best interests at heart, which does make me feel better... :)

Thanks again,

Cheers

-Robin

that made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside and want to hug sombody :) ..so I did

My Martin Logan Quests :D I even repositioned them with utmost care , they even sound better than before :p

a sad 24hrs

I just joined the site yesterday.I learned a couple of things.(1)Martin Logan's can now be purchased at Best buy and Tweeter(2)Martin Logan was sold(3)My speakers....Montage,Fresco and Vignette's were not made here in the USA,but were made in China(4)after hearing all of the talk of "you can buy logans at the mainstream stores",I had to see this for myself.So I went to Tweeter in Lawrenceville,NJ and I'll be damn...they do sell logans here.They even had the whole line,even the new Vantage.I used to praise this company for their hi-tech thinking and ability to develope new product quickly,the hot looking product and even the thought that you can call the company and ask them anything about their product they were always there for you.I don't think I feel that way now.But what is bothering me the most is that they sold out to the "mass market".I feel this will dilute the product and the name.The tweeter company were demoing the Vantage's with.....a DENON receiver!You gotta be kidding me.I also seen cheap monster cable hooked up to them.I'm so bothred by all of this I didn't even like the looks of the Vantages or even the sound.I wanted to make another purchase of Martin Logans by the end of spring,now I don't think I want to invest in this company as I feel they will no longer be elite....I'm so furious...but it aint a damn thing I can do about it.For those of you who would like to now,my system is; Martin Logans-Scenarios,Montages,Frescos,Vignettes and the Grotto.My electronics are-Classe Audio CA150 for the l/r.Classe Audio CAV75 for the center and rears and mid surrounds.My processor is a Rotel 1068 and the dvd player is a Pioneer Elite DV45A.All of the cable is by Tara Labs(and not the entry level stuff).I bought all of my equipment new and from a "HIGH END" dealer,not a mass market seller,as I don't believe in them and today showed me why.

Back