More changes over the last year and retired

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any word on a shipping date yet Jeff?
With any luck it will be this week. I emailed ML last week because I have no patience. He said as of last on Thursday there were about a week behind and I was 5th in line! I asked about the time it takes to actually make the panels and I was told that the spars come from Canada but everything is in Kansas and I was told it takes approximately two hours to build them. I do not know how long it takes to test them but as a guess I am thinking another hour.
Jeff

I just replaced the panels on my CLSiiZ's and boy did I miss how good they sound. It was worth the investment. Unfortunately, my Sequel ii panels are starting to show their age as well. I should not complain they are from 2003. I use them for rears and yes I know it is a bit of over kill but I did not want to get rid of them. I will save for new panels for them as well and yes ML does still make the panels. I believe the Sequel, Sequel ii and the SL3 are all the same panel. In reality the SL3 was an upgrade and actually the Sequel 3 but I think SL3 sounds better. ;)
I still have my old CLS iiZ panels if anyone want to experiment on doing a DIY refresh let me know and I am sure we can figure something out.
I do have the shipping boxes and the inserts from ML when I received my new ones.

Last edited:
I believe the Sequel, Sequel ii and the SL3 are all the same panel. In reality the SL3 was an upgrade and actually the Sequel 3 but I think SL3 sounds better.
Yes, those models all share the same panel. The reason an SL3 sounded better was the improved crossover.
The best way to improve any of those models is to go fully active crossover, which moves them into another league.

BTW- My Sequel IIb's, also my rear speakers, are now 31 years old, and still on the original panels. But I'm debating whether to replace, or move up to a Theos/Summit panel.

Back