Jl 113

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Olay let me make sure I have this right, so you think I should run a slave XLR cable to the back of the room and put two F110s slaved to each other with XLR cables which would cover the CLXs in the back and then leave the Gotham up front between the CLXs in front....
Seriously, do you think it would get better with more JLs slaved to the Gotham?
An even number of subs, properly placed, will provide more even response across multiple seating positions.

I'll be listening to an Alexandria+dual Gotham system in a couple of weeks. Should be fun!:devil:

I listened to a system with a pair of Gotham's in the rear and a pair of 12 inchers of a different brand in the front, along with 12 12's in the mains. A sledgehammer in the chest would be an understatement! The Gothams in the back were not scary, they were wet your pants scary.

I thought the bass was a "tad" overdone on music except for Edgar Winters Frankenstein (drum solo), HT it was definately on point but the impact was beyond explanation either way.

Gordon

Just want to jump in with a :bowdown: and a :drool:

Last edited:
F113

My local dealer had a used JL F113 and after reading all the buzz decided to give it a try. I think they knew I wouldn't be returning it because it is such a beast to move!
When I moved my system from the smaller living room to the larger dedicated listening room I always felt it sounded a bit thin. Replacing the 12 yo. SL3 panels last year helped a lot but this sub has made a huge difference.
Right out of the box and using the ARO, it is impressive. It clearly can blow the roof off the house but it makes a subtle but significant difference when dialed in just so. Then it shines.
I would have liked to try out the ML subs but was not available at the time.
Thank you to all the members and all the helpful comments posted. Now, back to tweaking, positioning, Xover, etc.
Happy Holidays.

Back