ML News tease

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just saw this on FaceBook; I wonder what product category is being announced. What do ya'll think?

ML Announcement tease.png

I'm guessing it's an active Bluetooth speaker, but hoping it might be the first new model upgrade in the Masterpiece ESL line.
It does look a bit like a top-down view of a Masterpiece-line product, with LED glow from beneath the unit.

But hey, maybe they are finally going to release the long-announced Monoray series ;)

Statement E3 (I wish).

But I know the chance of that is about ....... start at zero and work backwards.

Last edited:
It does look a bit like a top-down view of a Masterpiece-line product, with LED glow from beneath the unit.

But hey, maybe they are finally going to release the long-announced Monoray series ;)
Please noooo, I just bought a new pair of 11A's and was afraid the line would be renewed soon after ... I know a new thing always comes up but noooooo

I just saw this on FaceBook; I wonder what product category is being announced. What do ya'll think?

View attachment 25319
It may be another cruel hoax. But it's July.

Do you know if Professor I. Lirpa is still alive? His products used to receive glowing reviews in the late great Audio magazine, each April. If so, did he have a hand in the design of the Monoray?

It may be another cruel hoax. But it's July.

Do you know if Professor I. Lirpa is still alive? His products used to receive glowing reviews in the late great Audio magazine, each April. If so, did he have a hand in the design of the Monoray?
Yes, it's July and that was the formal ML FB feed, so it's probably legit.

I do miss those Professor I. Lirpa pieces in Stereo Review (or was that HiFi Magazine?). Some were quite good, and others were too campy.
I know for a fact his contributions to the Monoray were in the form of pure inspiration. ;)

Well, it ain't a soundbar, not with woofers that large! Just saw another tease.

It's definitely a subwoofer. Maybe a multi-driver array? Two, three, four drivers? The tease only shows a driver and the bottom area of the cabinet, and the driver surround doesn't look like it would be something you'd find on a driver that is expected to go up to 300Hz.

Well, it ain't a soundbar, not with woofers that large! Just saw another tease.

It's definitely a subwoofer. Maybe a multi-driver array? Two, three, four drivers? The tease only shows a driver and the bottom area of the cabinet, and the driver surround doesn't look like it would be something you'd find on a driver that is expected to go up to 300Hz.

So its a subwoofer array for the Statement E3 maybe. My wish just got a fraction more likely, haha.

Yes, it's July and that was the formal ML FB feed, so it's probably legit.

I do miss those Professor I. Lirpa pieces in Stereo Review (or was that HiFi Magazine?). Some were quite good, and others were too campy.
I know for a fact his contributions to the Monoray were in the form of pure inspiration. ;)
It was Audio magazine, which was the more technical engineering-oriented of the three (Hi Fidelity, Stereo Review, Audio). Its pages were graced with articles by luminaries such as Nelson Pass, Walt Jung and Bascom King. There was an occasional construction article (that may have been its main thrust originally). I subscribed from the 1970's until it folded. I learned a lot from it.

It is a tease. They clearly want to keep us guessing.

The Descent and Descent i (which I own) subwoofers featured 3 drivers in 120 degree opposition. With the BF210 and BF212 they reduced to two drivers. Maybe this restores the 3?

Turns out it's the low-end (pun intended) Foundation series subwoofers:

ML Foundation.jpg

Nice to see the sub line extended, but so far, no news on a BF refresh or new model.

Back