Electromotion esl panel isn't working . Please help!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you order the correct wall wart power supplies? I would have tried those before ordering the bias voltage boards, since the wall warts supply the correct voltage to the bias boards.

Also, when my bias board failed, the blue LED at the binding posts wouldn't light up. If your LEDs lit, with the stock bias boards, the bias boards are most likely functional. So, wash the panels, following the Shower PDF thread, and get the correct wall warts.
Yeah I have the correct power plug, the LEDs both light up without issue. Do you think it could be the audio transformer or the crossover causing the low volume issue? I've tried to power the speakers with a Fosi V3 monoblock amp, a Denon avr-s740h, and an older pioneer vsx AVR and all had the same result. The ESLs are 4ohm speakers, but I've never had an issue powering 4ohm speakers on any speaker before. Im currently powering 2-ML Fx speakers (4ohm) for the rear and 2-ML Vanquish ceiling speakers (4ohm) with the Denon and they sound great. Do you think this is a matter of an ohm conflict?

Yeah I have the correct power plug, the LEDs both light up without issue. Do you think it could be the audio transformer or the crossover causing the low volume issue? I've tried to power the speakers with a Fosi V3 monoblock amp, a Denon avr-s740h, and an older pioneer vsx AVR and all had the same result. The ESLs are 4ohm speakers, but I've never had an issue powering 4ohm speakers on any speaker before. Im currently powering 2-ML Fx speakers (4ohm) for the rear and 2-ML Vanquish ceiling speakers (4ohm) with the Denon and they sound great. Do you think this is a matter of an ohm conflict?
The ML impedance drop is in the high end, very high in frequency, so it isn't the huge issue that people think. I've powered my EM-ESLs with a Yamaha RX-A3030 AVR, as well as Adcom and Aragon amps, without ussue. To me, MLs like quality over quantity, so feed them with the best gear you have.

If you have the correct wall warts, and bias boards, and you're still having issues, I'd torture ML Support for help. But unfortunately, it sounds like you might need new panels.

Yeah reached out to them tonight so I'll probably hear back tomorrow. The woofer output is pretty low too so I'm not sure if its just the panels

Back