New 15a’s

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Corvette 01

Reaction score
I just upgraded from a pair of 802d’s to a demo pair of 15a’s.I’m using a McIntosh c47 preamp and a mc 452 amp with them! I’m very happy with this set up so fa and it exceeded my expectations for sure!

Greetings from Down Unda mate!

Well done on the Ren15a's!
Going from B&W's to ML's... there's no comparison! One's a complete box- cabinet design and the other is box-less. No cabinet resonances, no colorations, zero distortion and pretty much at this level, the only limitations are in the recording itself. Doesn't get any better than that!

Also nice one on the Mac gear. I had the MC452 driving Quad ESL's many years ago, with a Conrad johnson tube preamp, that combination was tops! Later on ventured up to the MC462, which replaced the MC452, to drive ML full range stats. They said that the MC462 had 60% more current capacity, so driving stats would be more efficient... but I really didn't find any significant improvement between the two. I honestly think the MC452 is just as good, not necessarily the case with the latest & greatest. Just my opinion, that's all. Unless it were the 2kw monoblocks.

A good mate of mine, who once had the mighty Maggie's 30.7's, drove them with a MC462 but later on sold his 30.7's back to the dealer. I guess he just preferred his triple stacked Klipsch horns. Driven by three McIntosh power amps, loook out!!! There goes the roof! Incredible dynamics. He was using the C53 mac preamp, nice one indeed!

After you've experienced these ML hybrid Stats, you'll probably never go back to a full box design speaker. It's a totally different dimension!

Now just sit back and enjoy those fine tunes!
WOOF! RJ

I just upgraded from a pair of 802d’s to a demo pair of 15a’s.I’m using a McIntosh c47 preamp and a mc 452 amp with them! I’m very happy with this set up so fa and it exceeded my expectations for sure!
Congratulations

Before I bought electrostatic speakers I was enamored by them as I bought Koss electrostatic headphones in the early 70's and loved them. I then heard Acoustat 2+2's in a dealers playing Vivaldi four seasons and fell in love even though I could not afford the boxes they came in at the time. Fast forward a decade or so and heard Big Beveridge's and never heard Dark Side of the Moon sound so freaking awesome. Took me a lot of time and savings but eventually made it to Martin Logans and never looked back and now have the 15a's. When I am not listening I am thinking about listening soon and I have no higher compliment than that.

Hope you are happy and the 15a's will definitely bring it.

Back