Montis v Impression 11A

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liffy99

Reaction score
I was mightily impressed with the 11As but I’ve been offered a pair of Montis at one third of the price.
I also compared the 11As with the Classic 9 - preferred the former largely down to the bass control and bigger soundstage.
I can afford either 11 or Montis but is the difference worth several thousand ?
Anyone compared the two ? Or changed from one to the other ?
I’ve never heard Montis.

Last edited:
several thousand dollar savings is big IMO when comparing the two. Assuming the Montis's are playing to perfection that would be my call, freeing up the $$ savings for whatever else your system may need / want.

I was mightily impressed with the 11As but I’ve been offered a pair of Montis at one third of the price.
I also compared the 11As with the Classic 9 - preferred the former largely down to the bass control and bigger soundstage.
I can afford either 11 or Montis but is the difference worth several thousand ?
Anyone compared the two ? Or changed from one to the other ?
I’ve never heard Montis.
I was also impressed with the 11a, but ended up buying a used Montis at about 30% of the price. I can’t say how big the difference is because I haven’t heard them side by side, but they have a similar sound signature. I suppose the 11a will have more impressive bass because of the 2 woofers but I have to say I’m really pleased with the bass on the Montis, it doesn’t seem to lack anything when you listen in isolation.
There is the room correction on they 11a to consider; I was a bit concerned because my listening room is quiet small and all surface's are thick concrete (in the basement of a solid German house). I had to install quite a lot of absorption panels to tame it, but it worked. Possibly the room correction feature on the 11a would have cured it, but I can’t say. The absorption panels cost me about 1000€, but I still spent 10k€ less than buying a new 11a.
Hope that helps.

Latest posts

Back