Grotto and/or Depth with Finals

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mop72

Reaction score
Question to those that own either Final Sound speakers or full range Electrostats. If you check out my earlier posts, you see that I own the 400 series finals and was looking for these subs (in the title). Being in a condo, I have to be careful with subs so not to get in trouble with the neighbors so I never got one. Since 95% of my listening is HT, I started to miss the slam and the full range of my Klipsch sytem (which I set back up. Full range RF-3's and center give me back some of the visceral feelings and the slam I was missing but lack that "more sophisticated" sound and 3D soundstage that "stats" do so well). Now I'm back in the hunt for one of these servo subs kept low (thinking more Grotto for this reason).

To finally get to the point, Since the "real" crossover for the Final 400's should be around 120, 1) am I going to lose that Omni-directionality of a sub, and most important 2), will I get that "slam" and dynamics back that I love with the Klipsch but with that wonderful sound of the Finals (in other words,will the speed and high crossover points on those subs give me more of a full range sound as opposed to Speaker + sub that generaly happens when a panel is mated to a subwoofer).

(Whewww. sorry for being so long winded. Hope this makes sense).

After Reading over my old thread, I realized that most of what I'm asking has already been very thoroughly answered.

BTW, has anyone been over to the Finalsound Forum. WHAT THE...... Certainly not going to get this question answered there.

Back