EFX Location

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc1984

Reaction score
Hello All,

I just bought a house that has a dedicated media room. So, as I get settled I was curious on your recommendation for speaker location/orientation. I have 2 ESL speakers, 1 Stage-X and 4 EFX. I have heard some people use EFX upside down. Is this true. Is it ok to use EFX as side/rear surrounds? Or would it be better suited for something like the Motion FX? Just want to know since I will have to reposition power outlets. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

Hello All,

I just bought a house that has a dedicated media room. So, as I get settled I was curious on your recommendation for speaker location/orientation. I have 2 ESL speakers, 1 Stage-X and 4 EFX. I have heard some people use EFX upside down. Is this true. Is it ok to use EFX as side/rear surrounds? Or would it be better suited for something like the Motion FX? Just want to know since I will have to reposition power outlets. Any info would be appreciated. Thank you

I never heard about the EFX being used upside down.......I'd be interested to see the logic/theory in that. Yes the EFX is designed for the side and rear surrounds actually, it can be used as mains but the ESL floor standing speakers are better. Keep the ESLs as L/R, your Stage-X as Center and use the 4 EFXs as sides and rears. I would not put them upside down either tbh.

I think the logic was mid may be firing into couch. So flip upside down so midrange fires at or above ear level. Panel will be around ear level and below

Back