HT Room Audio Question

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

m-hatcher

Reaction score
I am new to ML, but love the quality of the sound! I have a limited budget and I see how things can spiral out of control in a hurry with audio. I had in my mind a set-up that would use the ML motion series for 5.1 speakers. More specifically, Motion 2s in the rear, motion 12s for the front motion 8 for center and possibly a dynamo 700 for sub (I already have a pretty decent sub). I am driving this with a Pioneer VSX21-txh receiver. In my mind, and at best buy, this sounded good to me. My concern after reading many post is that ML benefits from more substantial amplification. But the posts I am referring to are in regards to ESL type speakers. Is this the case with the motion series?

The rest of my gear is a Mitsubishi HC6800 projector, 100" cinema grey screen, LG BD player. Room 13'X17'.

Thoughts and comments welcome

I have a motion based HT and it sounds great with just my Onkyo powering it.

Adding an amp to power the tower speakers would be a good plan for down the road, but out of the box I think you'd be fine and very happy with the sound you get via a decent AVR.

Thanks

Thanks FotoJohn. I was starting to re-consider my plans as my budget doesn't allow for much room for any more equipment. Thanks again for your reply.

Back